Instagram SnapWidget

Photo Shoot 9.9.12

Sunday, September 9, 2012

          I wanted to share these beautiful photos from a photo shoot that I did back in June for some dear friends of mine. As a photographer, it really pays to have good looking friends! I love the way the light and color worked out in these shots and thought this would be a great start to my new blog. 

          I have started this new space as a fresh start. I am taking a break from my crafting business (wild paper flowers) and focusing on design and photography. I wanted a place where I felt I could write about whatever I want, so I am starting a personal blog (instead of one tied to business). I can't wait to get started writing, sharing my art, and collaborating with other bloggers and artists. (creativity loves company!) Welcome to Earth Colored! 

The name came from a discussion with my husband (who will probably get blogged about...a lot). I told him I wanted to start a new blog and get rid of all of the blogs/projects associated with business. I told him about design, content ideas, etc and then I asked him this: "When you think of me, what color scheme do you think of?" His response was earth tones. I played around with that idea in my head and thought that maybe it was more than just a color scheme, but an integral part of who I am. Sure, I love earth tones. Deep greens, browns, teals, golden light from sunsets, color really comes from the earth. 

One of my favorite quotes of all time is: 
"All art is but imitation of nature." -Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I constantly long for the beauties of creation. I am grateful for a creator who placed me in a world worth exploring, creating in, discovering myself in, and discovering him in. When I forget to be grateful, I just need to remember what I am here for, to create and to write, and to show other people the beauty and life that the world has to offer them. 










1 comment:

  1. Great Information sharing .. I am very happy to read this article .. thanks for giving us go through info.Fantastic nice. I appreciate this post.
    childcare photographer in sydney

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<