Instagram SnapWidget

Haunt

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I snapped this right as the sky was opening up to pour rain on Loveland, Colorado. I reached my car just as an early fall downpour started. It was a moment of pure joy and satisfaction.

Personally, I am not a fan of haunted things. I scare easily, and then get embarrassed. What I do love however is the idea of haunting. Especially because the English language allows me to describe something as "hauntingly beautiful" or imply that I am being haunted by the fact that I have yet to consume my afternoon latte. What haunts me about this photo is the experience of taking it. Up close this building is, at best, falling apart. The huge peace sign is an old Christmas wreath made from greenery and lights, and on the weekends this place is used as an art gallery. It really is something to see. At dusk, right before a rain storm, it draws you in and you become apart of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<